Grace Hall, Eden’s Moon and Karlovy Vary, plus local favorite On Fire Baby top a full field of 3-year-old fillies entered in Friday’s 138th running of the $1 million Kentucky Oaks to be run at 1 1/8 miles on the main track.
The Kentucky Oaks at Churchill Downs has 15 fillies going for the Lillies in a 12-race program that begins at 10:30 a.m. (ET)and features five other stakes. Plum Pretty, who won the 2011 Kentucky Oaks will make her 2012 horse racing debut on Friday at Churchill Downs in ther La Trionne Stakes.
Previous Kentucky Oaks winning trainers with entries in the Oaks are Bob Baffert, Todd Pletcher, D. Wayne Lukas and Larry Jones.
Churchill Downs will again be aglow in pink again for the running of the Kentucky Oaks -as the Oaks welcomes a new beneficiary in Stand Up To Cancer (“SU2C”) to raise vital funds and awareness for cancer research. Patrons are urged to wear pink, the official color of the Oaks, on this special day that continues its “Ladies First” focus and ongoing outreach effort on women’s health issues. The Oaks is the third most attended day of racing in the U.S., only after the Derby and Preakness.
Kentuky Oaks Day coverage begins this Friday at 9:30am on HRTV.
1. On Fire Baby/Joe Johnson/4-1
2. Grace Hall/Javier Castellano/5-2
3. Summer Applause/Garrett Gomez/15-1
4. Eden’s Moon/Martin Garcia/12-1
5. Hard Not to Like/Robby Albarado/20-1
6. Broadway’s Alibi/John Velazquez/4-1
7. Sacristy/Mike Smith/50-1
8. Jemima’s Pearl/Joe Talamo/10-1
9. Believe You Can/Rosie Napravnik/10-1
10. And Why Not/Julien Leparoux/15-1
11. Karlovy Vary/James Graham/20-1
12. Colonial Empress/Corey Nakatani/50-1
13. Amie’s Dini/Jon Court/10-1
14. Yara/Jesus Castanon/30-1
AE- Oaks Lily/Rafael Bejarano/50-1