Located in historic Paris, just north of Lexington. Driving east or west on I-75/64, take Paris Pike exit 113 heading north on Highway 27/68 approximately 18 miles. Pass through the 2nd stoplight at the Paris Bypass intersection, and continue straight through downtown Paris on Main St. Continue north under overpass and across Stoner Creek turning left onto Legion Rd. to enter the Bourbon County Fairgrounds.
Friday, Sept. 20 Events:
• World Premiere of “Penny & Red: the Life of Secretariat’s Owner” at the Fasig-Tipton Sales Pavilion in Lexington – 6:00 p.m.
• Paris Artwalk, downtown Paris 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
• Artwalk After-Party and Four Roses Bourbon tasting at Oasis Event Hall, 718 Main St., 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 21 Throughout the Day:
• 5k Big Red Run/Walk – Adena Springs Farm, registration 8:00 a.m., race starts at 9:00 a.m.
• Claiborne Farm Tours departing every half hour from 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
• Official Secretariat Merchandise and Memorabilia Store
• Celebrity Autograph Signing and scheduled signing times:
o Penny Chenery – Secretariat’s owner (noon – 2:00 pm)
o Ron Turcotte – Secretariat’s Triple Crown winning jockey (beginning at 10:00 am)
o Charlie Davis – Secretariat’s exercise rider (beginning at 10:00 am)
o Eddie Maple – Hall of Fame jockey who rode Secretariat in Canadian Int’l (11:30 am – 12:30 pm)
o Bill Nack – acclaimed sports journalist, author of Secretariat: Making of a Champion (11:00 am)
o Otto Thorwarth – actor and former jockey who portrayed Ron Turcotte in Disney’s “Secretariat” (11:00 am)
o Kentucky Derby winning jockeys:
Jean Cruguet – Seattle Slew, 1977 Triple Crown winner (1:30 pm – 2:30 pm)
Pat Day – Lil E. Tee, 1992 (10:30 am – 11:45 am)
Chris McCarron – Alysheba, 1987 & Go For Gin, 1994 (2:30 pm – 3:30 pm)
Mike Manganello – Dust Commander, 1970 ( 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm)
Jose Santos – Funny Cide, 2003 (11:30 am – 12:30 pm)
Jorge Velasquez – Pleasant Colony, 1981; also rode Alydar (10:30 am – 11:30 am)
Jacinto Vasquez – Foolish Pleasure, 1975 & Genuine Risk, 1980; also rode Ruffian (1:30 – 2:30 pm)
o Cincinnati Reds Big Red Machine:
Joe Morgan – Second base, MLB Hall of Fame (11:00 am – noon)
Tony Perez – First base, MLB Hall of Fame (11:00 am – noon)
Johnny Bench – Catcher, MLB Hall of Fame (noon – 1:00 pm)
Pete Rose – Third base, All-time MLB hits leader (noon – 1:00 pm)
• Local & Regional Art & Crafts
• Secretariat Archive Silent Auction
• Children’s Activities including “Ride Like a Jockey” on the North American Riding Academy Mechanical Horse Simulator
• Food, Entertainment, and Live Music featuring Dale Pyatt and the Chicken Grease Band
Please note: Advance purchase of signatures for Penny Chenery, Ron Turcotte, and Charlie Davis is available at Secretariat.com. Advance purchase of signatures for Big Red Machine and Jockeys is available at MAB Celebrity Services.
FULL EQUINE EVENT SCHEDULE
9:30 a.m. Opening Ceremony
9:45 a.m. Irish Dancers
10:00 a.m. Friesian Demonstration
10:30 a.m. American Miniature Horse Breed Demonstration
11:00 p.m. Equine Vaulting by Life Adventures Center
11:30 p.m. Gypsy Vanner Breed Demonstation
12:00 p.m. Pat Day Message
12:15 p.m. Pony Races, Derby Style!
12:45 p.m. All Decked Out Miniature Horse & Buggy Contest
1:00 p.m. Friesian Hippodrome Demonstration
1:30 p.m. Mounted Patrol – Natural Horsemanship Demonstration with Holly Williamson
2:00 p.m. Arabians Exhibition
2:45 p.m. Our Mims Retirement Haven
3:00 p.m. Mounted Pony Games
3:45 p.m. Horse Patrol Interactive Equine Training
4:00 p.m. Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement
Tags: Adena Springs Farm, Alydar, Alysheba, Bill Nack, Bourbon County, Charlie Davis, Chris McCarron, Claiborne Farm, Dust Commander, Eddie Maple, Fasig Tipton Sales Pavilion, Foolish Pleasure, Four Roses Bourbon, Funny Cide, Genuine Risk, Go For Gin, Hall of Fame, Jacinto Vasquez, Jean Cruguet, jockey, Jorge Velasquez, Jose Santos, Kentucky, Lexington, Lil E. Tee, Mike Manganello, Paris, Pat Day, Penny Chenery, Pleasant Colony, Ron Turcotte, Ruffian, Seattle Slew, Secretariat, Secretariat Festival, Triple Crown