The local paper, The Eagle-Tribune writes,
You can enter for a chance to win $10,000 in cash and support the Boys & Girls Club of Lawrence. The winner will be drawn at the club’s annual auction on Saturday at DiBurro’s in Haverhill.
The auction, with a theme of “A Night at the Derby,” will include cocktails, dinner, a silent and live auction, as well as the grand raffle. Jane Dempsey’s Kentucky Derby Tours 5 night Kentucky Derby package tour for 2 will be the highlight of the silent auction. Featured items include vacations in Costa Rica and Germany, golf in Ireland, an African safari, a NASCAR driving experience, a makeover for 10 at Robert Jason Salon, and a sports package of four of the best tickets available to all four New England teams.
The Boys & Girls Club of Lawrence provides a safe, after-school setting for over 3,200 youth in Lawrence. Young people ages 6-18 come for hot meals, homework help, college and career planning, fitness and nutrition programs, and lasting personal relationships.
We understand that the Boys and Girls Club expect over 400 people to participate and info is as follows:
Saturday, April 6, 2013
887 Boston Road, Haverhill, Massachusetts
Cocktails: 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Silent Auction: 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Dinner: 7:30 p.m.
Live Auction: 8:00 p.m.
The winner of the trip will be part of our 2013 Kentucky Derby Tours (5 night package) which includes:
* 5 nights at the Crowne Plaza Louisville Hotel
* Cocktails and dinner at the KTA-TOBA Kentucky Derby Trainers’ Dinner
* VIP “backside” tour of Churchill Downs and breakfast at the Bluegrass Trackside Kitchen
* Visit to the Kentucky Derby Museum and the sights of downtown Louisville with lunch
* Enjoy the “Great Steamboat Race” aboard the Belle of Cincinnati with buffet dinner and Four Roses Bourbon tasting
* Full day motor coach tour of the Blue Grass Country including visits to Claiborne Farm and Calumet Farm and lunch
* Access to the Kentucky Derby Museum on Kentucky Oaks Day and Kentucky Derby Day
* Kentucky Oaks champagne breakfast with turf writer Billy Reed
* Transportation to all Tour events and airport/hotel/airport shuttle service (all days)
* Private box seats (2) on the First Floor Clubhouse Section 116 for both Friday’s Kentucky Oaks and Saturday’s Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs.
We are very pleased to be a part of this event and wish them their best fundraiser ever
Tags: 2013 Kentucky Derby, 2013 Kentucky Derby prep races, 2013 Kentucky Derby Tours, Arkansas Derby, Belle of Cincinnati, Billy Reed, Bluegrass Trackside Kitchen, Boys and Girls Club of Lawrence, Calumet Farm, Churchill Downs, Claiborne Farm, Crowne Plaza Louisville Hotel, First Floor Clubhouse Section 116, Four Roses Bourbon, Great Steamboat Race, Jane Dempsey’s Kentucky Derby Tours, Kentucky Derby Day, Kentucky Derby Museum, Kentucky Derby package tour, Kentucky Oaks Day, KTA-TOBA Kentucky Derby Trainers’ Dinner, Lawrence, Massachusetts, Santa Anita Derby